Open Data Manchester is an association for people who are interested in realising the potential of data to benefit citizens, business and public bodies in Greater Manchester and beyond. It is a diverse community of developers, activists, artists, journalists and public sector employees. It holds regular meetings, hack days and information events which are generally free and open to all. It also provides consultancy and research services.
Our regular meetings are generally on the last Tuesday of the month and take place at a variety of venues around Manchester and beyond. Click the Next Event tab above for details. If you want to join in the discussion click on the Google Group above.
Our aim is to:
- Realise the benefits of open data for the people, businesses and public organisations of Greater Manchester
- Help developers and designers become more familiar with the tools, datasets and projects that are using open data in Greater Manchester and the rest of the world.
- Identify and open up datasets that are relevant to Greater Manchester.
- To advocate for public bodies within Greater Manchester to adopt more open and intelligent data practices.
- To create opportunities with open data for everyone.
- To help Greater Manchester businesses build services and products off the back of open data.
- To enable Greater Manchester to become a centre of data practice
We produce the Open Data Manchester Monthly Mailer which features news and opportunities for Manchester and beyond.