We are committed to creating spaces where people feel comfortable, respected and are able to join in the conversation and share their knowledge. This Code of Conduct outlines what you can expect from us when you come to one of our events and what we expect of you when you attend.
- Open Data Manchester is an inclusive community. Everyone is welcome.
- You are free and encouraged to share your ideas, contribute to discussions, agree or disagree.
- Everyone should be allowed time and space to speak without interruption.
- Not everyone feels confident enough to speak up, particularly in larger groups. Be mindful of those who haven’t contributed and give them space to speak if they wish.
- At the same time, not everyone feels comfortable speaking in public and that’s also OK.
- If you cause anyone to feel unwelcome or unsafe*, you will be asked to leave.
- We welcome suggestions from you about how we can improve our events.
Open Data Manchester is committed to harassment-free events. Any violations of our code of conduct will be dealt with promptly. If you have any concerns, feel unwelcome or need assistance, please don’t hesitate to let us know, either by speaking to the event organiser or our Community Custodian Michelle Brook, who you can contact by email or call 0161 885 3185
*Unwelcome behaviour includes, but not limited to, offensive or sexual comments or imagery, intimidation, disruption, photography or recording without permission, and inappropriate physical or sexual contact.
This has been adapted from 360Giving’s Code of Conduct, with thanks.
We also adhere to the Contributor Covenant.