- This event has passed.
Co-designing the Plastics Packaging Portal – share your value-chain expertise
November 3, 2021 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm GMT
These workshops are part of our new Plastics Packaging Portal (PPP) project and have been design to help us get a better understanding of the data processes that happen along the plastic-packaging value chain.
These stakeholder workshops are for anyone involved in the plastic-packaging value chain. You might be from:
- a manufacturer / producer
- a local authority
- a retailer
- a brand
- a compliance scheme
- a materials reprocessor or recycler
- a waste management company
We want to understand all of the steps in the value chain, what data is collected at each one and what is passed onto the next. We’re keen to find out where this process is challenging and what the sensitivities are around it. In addition to that, we would like to discuss Extended Producer Responsibility and understand any concerns around it.
The PPP Project is funded by Innovate UK and is a collaborative project led by OPRL with Open Data Manchester, Dsposal, RECOUP and Ecosurety. The project will:
- develop an open standard for plastic packaging data
- extend the Open3R household waste recycling centre data standard
- develop online portals to streamline the collection of these two datasets, enable them to be linked and improve access to this data for all along the plastic packaging value chain.
Workshops have a limited number of participants, but there are five workshops in total.
Head over to Eventbrite to register. Please choose a date from the dropdown list and then click the ‘Register’ button. If a date gets filled, tickets will no longer be available. We hope you can find a date to join us. Get in touch with us if you’re having any problems.
Thank you so much for your interest and we look forward to seeing you at one of our workshops soon!