We’re growing here at Open Data Manchester – and that means three brand-new opportunities to join our team – particularly if you have an understanding of ethical use of data, data rights, representation through data and the application of automated decision-making.
Business analyst (two roles) – to lead on the development of a data standard for plastic packaging
First up, we’re developing an open-data standard and prototype portal for the complete plastic-packaging lifecycle, from design to recycling or reuse. The aim of this project is to:
- make it easier for people to make informed choices about how they recycle plastic packaging
- provide high-quality data about plastic recycling to product designers and manufacturers
- reduce dumping of plastic packaging, both in the UK and overseas
- support development of policy and regulation of plastic use in the future
To help us achieve this, we are recruiting two people to join our team on a temporary, part-time basis to help with developing a new data standard that will be key the project’s success:
- a business analyst with a user-research specialism
- a business analyst with a data architecture specialism
The two successful candidates will work together, with Open Data Manchester and the wider project team, to research user needs and other requirements for the development of such a data standard, and then to develop and implement it.
Deadline for both roles: 23.59, Sunday 27th June 2021.
Fundraising consultant (freelance)
To support all of this work, we are also commissioning an experienced fundraising professional, with a strong knowledge of the UK funding landscape and existing relationships with relevant funding institutions. This is a three-month contract to work with the CEO and board to:
- identify organisational strengths that are attractive to potential funders
- identify and broker meaningful relationships with philanthropic organisations, trusts and other bodies
Deadline: 23.59, Sunday 20th June 2021.
Find all of the person specifications and apply here.