We’re growing here at Open Data Manchester – and that means three brand-new opportunities to join our team – particularly if you have an understanding of ethical use of data, data rights, representation through data and the application of automated decision-making.
Business analyst (two roles) – to lead on the development of a data standard for plastic packaging
We’re developing an open-data standard and prototype portal for the complete plastic-packaging lifecycle, from design to recycling or reuse. The aim of this project is to:
- make it easier for people to make informed choices about how they recycle plastic packaging
- provide high-quality data about plastic recycling to product designers and manufacturers
- reduce dumping of plastic packaging, both in the UK and overseas
- support development of policy and regulation of plastic use in the future
To help us achieve this, we are recruiting two people to join our team on a temporary, part-time basis to help with developing a new data standard that will be key the project’s success:
- a business analyst with a user-research specialism (**applications ongoing**)
- a business analyst with a data architecture specialism (**applications closed**)
The two successful candidates will work together, with Open Data Manchester and the wider project team, to research user needs and other requirements for the development of such a data standard, and then to develop and implement it.
Fundraising consultant (freelance)
To support all of our work, we are commissioning an experienced fundraising professional, with a strong knowledge of the UK funding landscape and existing relationships with relevant funding institutions. This is a three-month contract to work with the CEO and board to:
- identify organisational strengths that are attractive to potential funders
- identify and broker meaningful relationships with philanthropic organisations, trusts and other bodies
Find the person specification and apply here.