Open Data Manchester is running a series of virtual and in-person workshops to help the GMCA prioritise the actions needed to implement the Greater Manchester Information Strategy.
The Greater Manchester Information Strategy was adopted in January 2022 by the Greater Manchester Information Board, the Greater Manchester Combined Authority (GMCA), and the ten boroughs of Greater Manchester. It supports the Greater Manchester Strategy, and the creation of a greener, fairer and more prosperous city-region by creating a better information ecosystem.
The Information Strategy has six missions:
- Foster trust between the people, communities, and businesses of Greater Manchester through greater transparency.
- Promote and maintain the responsible and ethical use of information.
- Establish inclusive and proactive governance to drive the strategy.
- Enhance the skills, capabilities, and behaviours for good information management.
- Develop and implement the tools, infrastructure and standards needed to manage and use information properly.
- Create an information governance framework for Greater Manchester that acts together as one.
Greater Manchester now needs to develop a plan to achieve these missions. During the last part of 2022 an open consultation identified the actions needed for these missions to be achieved.
We now need to prioritise these actions. Open Data Manchester is running a series of virtual and in-person workshops so that the people, communities and businesses within Greater Manchester can have their say in what actions should be prioritised.
There will be three sets of workshops that will take place online and in-person covering the following missions:
- Online: Monday 13 February 2023, 1-3pm
- In-person: Wednesday 15 February 2023, 1-3pm
Missions 2 & 3
- Online: Tuesday 28 February 2023, 1-3pm
- In-person: Wednesday 1 March 2023, 1-3pm
Missions 4, 5 & 6
- Online: Thursday 2 March 2023, 10am-12pm
- In-person: Friday 3 March 2023, 1-3pm
- Online: Tuesday 7th March 2023, 6.30-8.30pm
*The in-person events due to take place on the 15th February and 1st March have been consolidated into an ‘all missions’ workshop on the 3rd March. With an additional online workshop being held on Tuesday 7th March*
Participants have the option of attending either the virtual event or the in-person event for each Mission. This is so we can hear opinions from as many voices as possible.
Online workshops will take place via Zoom, and in-person sessions at Holyoake House in Manchester. We aim to make our events as accessible as possible so if you have any specific accessibility or support requirements, please get in touch.
After registering for the event, you will receive instructions on how to join the session but if you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.